- Facebook discussion
- Project discussion
- WordPress: widgets and Creative Commons
- Remember to get the “live” URL to your posts! (close the sidebar)
- Please check the assignment summary pages to make sure I have your posts: week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5 : if you have a post missing, use the upload form tonight.
- Catalyst gradesheet coming (it wasn’t enabled)
- Wikipedia summary sheet
- Wed 15 Feb : we will attend the session at Kane Hall on typography (7-8:30) – Discussion Leader presentations shifted to week 9/10
- Catalyst Quiz : 7:05 – 7:30
- Quiz questions
- How do we separate friends, family and colleagues on Facebook without offending them? And, how do we “un-friend” someone or decline an offer to “friend” without causing a rift?
- When does it make sense to use Facebook as your “blog” instead of setting up another site?
- Project summary (note, several people did not provide the more refined post – this means you are behind)
- Due next week
- Edit profiles [Users -> click on your name]
- Complete name fields
- Pick how your want to your name to appear when credited (must be something other than your log in)
- Upload a photo to Gravatar : see Emilee’s profile (again) that is at the foot of each of her posts
- More tags on posts – this is my last nag but you will lose points on blog appearance if you don’t do this!
- Create Creative Commons License (for sidebar widget or about page or both)
- Widgets tutorial
For next week
- Last chance for open ended questions for first half of the quarter
- Comprehensive blog post on your project due Wednesday