- why networks matter
- what does it mean to “blog”?
- first blog comments
- demo reading access
- set up slideshare accounts for discussion leaders
Why Networks and Social Production Matter
The power of networks
What does it mean “to blog”?
- What is it about blogging – or any social digital technology – that feels “voyeuristic”? Why?
Discussion leader assignments
- See the students page
- See the assignments page
- Working in pairs, search Slideshare.net and find at least one “good” and one “bad” example presentation related to course topics or your research topics. Please comment on this post with your examples (links!) and an explanation. Tell me the names of the folks in the pair, please. :-)
- Folks for next week: meet with me briefly after class!
Your Slideshare.net account
- Set up an account at Slideshare.net
- Kathy to demo uploading PPT and finding the shortcode to embed the slides in a WP post. Also see this blog’s resources page.
Your first comment
- Refer to the assignment summary sheet
- Read and comment on the blog post of the person whose name follows yours on the list. [If you are the last person in the list, you comment on the post of the first person; if the person above you doesn’t have a post, pick the person above them.]
For Next Week
- Readings are on the home page. Remember that for the quarter you have four more reading assignments and two posts with open-ended questions.
- Think about your project and come to class on Monday with a couple of ideas that you can share with a partner in class.