- Show-and-Tell, group 1
- Summary: discussion leader posts (reflections in work)
- Today’s News: Google & QR Codes
- Lab: blog genre conformance
- Show & Tell:
Abigail, Alana/Melissa, Alayna/Lauren, Andrew, Ashley, David, Jay/Bryan, Kaarin, Kyle, Natalie, Rachelle
* Complete a feedback form for each presenter; please return to me before leaving class
* Vote on cupcakes for Wednesday
- Small group discussion on convergence (reading assignment summary)
* What are some specific benefits and drawbacks of convergence? Specific.
* What other collaborations would you like to see telephone companies teaming up with?
* How does your current technology benefit from access agnosticism?
* Do you feel paying separate bills is enough hassle to impose bundling or are telecom companies just trying to make their own lives easier?
* What are the advantages and drawbacks for a one-stop-shop home phone, Internet, TV and mobile phone service company.
* if and when this convergence happens, how much of a buying decision does an end consumer have?
* How does internet drive many of the forces that affect and control/limit convergence?
* to borrow from the article itself: “What problem is convergence solving?”
* Who benefits more from the triple and quadruple bundle services? Customers? Or companies?
* What bothers you about the convergence taking place in the technology world?
- Spotlight on subject matter posts:
* Abigail – persuasive
* Ashley – link post
* David – analytical
* Kathleen – analytical
* Melissa – persuasive
* Natalie – link post
- Blog conformance (lab time if you need help on any of this)
- Navigation /must/ include archives, pages and categories
- All posts /must/ be categorized
- About page /must/ include some personal information (at least first name and blog is for this course)
- There /must/ be a creative commons license in the navigation panel or on the about page
- Final Project:
- Due next Monday at 1.30 pm, summarize project in a blog post and link to the project
- Link to the website or blog if it was a stand-alone project
- If your project is a research paper, either create a stand-alone blog for the paper or create a page (or series of pages) on your blog
- Final Essay:
- Peer Interaction:
- Your second comment log is due next Monday at 1.30 pm via email; please put “comment log” in the subject line or create as Google Doc and add me (kegill@ – thanks, Lizeth!)