- What is the impact of NetVideo on entertainment and mainstream newspapers?
- Technologies: YouTube, Blip.tv, Current.tv
- Check out Bryan’s video reading response
- Cupcake blog – OhMyNom – has launched
- EmeraldBites has launched
- HUMV blog has launched
- Seattle Lingerie blog has launched
- Tara’s portfolio has launched
- UWHillel has launched
- Notable posts: Alana, Andrew, Ivan, Kaarin, Keala, Lauren, Liz, Lizeth, Michelle, Natalie
- Summary: project updates (many are AWOL)
Melissa – LinkedIn
* Solar rework
* How to embed vimeo into wordpress.com blog
* The Mayor At The Movies
For lab/small group discussion
- What are the primary differences, similarities in these hosting sites? Pluses/minuses?
- How easy/difficult is it to embed a blip.tv or current.tv clip into a WordPress.com blog post?
- As an information consumer, what do you like/dislike about online video?
- Online video not killing TV – Nielsen (via RWW), 25 Nov 2008
- TV, Internet, Mobile Use Rising – Nielsen, 23 Feb 2009
- TV finds DVR best friend, not enemy – NYT, 1 Nov 2009
- Top 11 mistakes a show makes, blip.tv
For post-class lab:
- Enable web publishing on your student (dante) account – manage UW NetID services
- Installing WordPress
- Catalyst Workshop: installing WP, Tuesday 24 Nov, 11 am – 1 pm
- Provide feedback on at least two of the blogs that have launched. Do so here — in a comment on this blog — or on the student project updates link.
- IF you did not complete your project update (no link on project updates page), send me an email with an update, NLT Thursday at 9 am.
- Next week’s discussion leaders: Alisa, Bryan, Ivan, Kathleen, Natalie