- What is the impact of NetVideo on entertainment and mainstream newspapers?
- Technologies: YouTube, Blip.tv, Current.tv
- Project updates – Next due date (by Monday, 9 am)
** all projects: update on where you are re your timeline; everyone should have set up their external site – link to in
** all papers: annotated bibliography (blog post); prefer APA style; at least two scholarly sources, minimum six. Short statement on how each source might contribute to your paper. Papers will be 1400-1700 words and may include photos, charts, YouTube clips. Bibliography will not count towards word count.
- Wednesday – post-class, WordPress lab (put software on your UW sever so that you can experiment with themes, CSS, widgets)
Alayna – SoundCloud
David – Podcasting
Keala – Brightkite
Melissa – LinkedIn
Rachelle – Verified Accounts
For lab/small group discussion
- What are the primary differences, similarities in these hosting sites? Pluses/minuses?
- How easy/difficult is it to embed a clip into a WordPress.com blog post?
- As an information consumer, what do you like/dislike about online video?
- Online video not killing TV – Nielsen (via RWW), 25 Nov 2008
- TV, Internet, Mobile Use Rising – Nielsen, 23 Feb 2009
- TV finds DVR best friend, not enemy – NYT, 1 Nov 2009
- Top 11 mistakes a show makes, blip.tv
- Zamzar.com – convert files! free!
- TED Talks
- Grammar Girl